CarePartners and Christ the King Lutheran Present Summer 2022 Caregivers Conference: Free skill-building and informative workshops for family members caring for a loved one.
Saturday, August 27, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Christ the King Lutheran Church
3803 W. Lake Houston Parkway, Kingwood, Texas 77339
Registration 8:30 a.m.
Welcome 9:00 a.m.
Session One Workshop 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Estate Planning & Probate in Texas by Charioty James, Attorney and Counselor at Law
- Family Dynamics in Caregiving by Laura McPherson, LPC, LMFT
- Senior Living and Care Guidance by Donna Composto, Founder of Mom’s Care Plan
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits by Kay Lee, Montgomery County Veteran Service Officer
- Social Security and Medicare 101 by Andy Hardwick, Public Affairs Specialist
Break : 10:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Session Two Workshop 11:00 – 12:00 p.m.
- Building your Caregiver Conference: Effective Communication Strategies for Alzheimer’s and Dementia by Rick Casey, Community Educator, Alzheimer’s Association
- What is a trust? Do I need one? by Kristi Stanley, Attorney at Law, CWMPK, PLLC
- Managing Dementia Confusion and Other Behaviors by Sharon Cantrell, MS, Caregiver Education Manager, Amazing Place
- Activities at Home by Heather Simmons, Client Care Manager, The Key formerly Home Care Assistance
- Care for the Caregivers by Judy Jones, The Bradford Memory Care
Free limited space, Adult Respite Care provided during the workshops
For More Information: Call Densise Thiele, Christ the King Lutheran Church at 281-360-7936 or Erial Green, CarePartners at 713-682-5995.